Thursday, August 14, 2014

Return to San Francisco

Yesterday, Alisha and I made a return trip to San Francisco to wrap up some things. We started by heading down to Ricardo & Amy's house the night before so that we could get an early jump in the morning. We headed across the Bay Bridge a little after 6am so that we could visit Acme Bread (in the Ferry Building). We especially like their green olive bread:

After grabbing several loaves of green olive bread and some walnut cranberry bread, we headed to UCSF where we parked our car. We took the shuttle to another UCSF campus so we'd be within walking distance of the SFMTA office. We appealed our $944 fine in person. They were very sympathetic, but needed to get a copy of the officers' report to finalize the appeal. We're very confident the appeal will be granted.

We walked a several blocks and picked up Roscoe's ashes from the crematory, then headed back to UCSF. We aren't yet sure what we'll do with his ashes, but were confident we didn't want him buried. We thought it would be better to think of him in heaven if he didn't have a gravesite.

There was a surprise waiting for us at UCSF, which I'll share tomorrow. After that, we visited the Walt Disney Museum, picked up some chocolate beignets, and headed out of town before traffic got too heavy.

Gooey Ghirardelli filling

The last few steps I took in the city of San Francisco were ones where I accidentally stepped in dog poo trying to check a parking meter. I only noticed it a few minutes later. It was a fitting end to an otherwise fun and relaxing day.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the need to say how much I love Roscoe's parents. They are an amazing set of parents that have been weathering a dismal set of life circumstances that has had many rainbows throughout. I am thankful that God put me where I am in my life so that I could become a little closer and a little more blessed by knowing these two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious to hear what the UCSF surprise was!

    Also, I just recently had my first ever beignets - and they were so delicious. I can't imagine how good they are filled with Ghirardelli chocolate!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete