Monday, August 11, 2014

Corinthian Bell

One of the favorite gifts that Alisha and I have received since Roscoe's passing was a Corinthian Bell windchime. As I drove up to our house on July 24th, I saw our neighbors walking away from a spot near the bushes in front of our house. I saw the windchime, so I thought it was nice sound-maker and walked into the house. It wasn't until a day or two later that we discovered an engraved placard on the ringer:

In Memory of
Sweet Baby Roscoe
October 6, 2013
July 23, 2014

It really impressed us that they'd do something so kind, but also that they had it made so quickly after the news of his passing. Now whenever we hear the bell ring, we consider it Roscoe letting us know that he's still here with us in spirit. Each time a new visitor comes to the house, we show them the bell. Sometimes when I walk by, I ring it by hand. Currently the bell is in our front yard where we can show it to visitors, but soon when we renovate our backyard it will get moved back there for safe keeping.

4 comments:

  1. That is so kind . And a wonderful reminder that you never know who sees the Example of a good and fruitful Life your living !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very kind, compassionate, caring neighbors....
    You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that they added "sweet baby". He was and continues to be sweet, amazing, inspiring, happy, bright, and on and on and on...................

    ReplyDelete
  4. That literally have me goosebumps! It is just so precious, it really touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete