Saturday, March 28, 2015

Selfie-Do's

With Alisha away, I have tried keeping myself busy with projects that would normally take time away from her, but can be tackled while she's away. I have stuff like taxes (I file the day or so before they're due) and car maintenance on my list, but those are things I put there. That's why I called this post "selfie-do's", because they're things I'm asking myself to do (as opposed to the traditional "honey-do" list).

One item I added to the list due to my own stupidity was some wire repair. A few weeks ago I was mowing and saw an old irrigation line sticking out of the ground. I wasn't paying much attention, so I mowed over it. To make matters worse, there wasn't even any grass underneath, I was just leaving the mower on for who knows what reason. Anyways, the irrigation line turned out to be an electrical line that controlled my yard's sprinkler system. This morning I did the repair:

Connected wire and covered with heat shrink tubing

Put in a nail, for rigidity

Cover it with the substance without which no manly project is complete: duct tape.

And finally clean up the appearance and seal it with electrical tape

No comments:

Post a Comment