Monday, March 30, 2015

Growing Older

I had a few things happen recently that reminded me of my age. First, Alisha noticed my first gray hair. Normally someone would be saddened by this finding, but I was excited because I didn't go completely bald before having a gray hair!

Second, I visited a chiropractor for the first time ever. I just wanted a general checkup to make sure no long-term problems were developing. In automotive circles, they call it "getting an alignment". Anyways, during the initial exam he noticed that when I stand normally my right foot goes out at a slight angle:

When he noticed this, he checked some other things and then gave me a 5mm spacer to go under my heel. Apparently one leg is shorter than the other. With all of the close plays at first base, maybe that extra 5mm would have made me "safe" one time instead of "out"! I'll have the spacer in my shoe for the next 3 weeks, then find out if I need a custom insert:


On top of that, I got an AARP membership in the mail! For those who don't know, I am only 37 years old (in fact, last year I forgot I was 36 and thought I was 37 all year). Maybe they are implying that I'm bound for early retirement?



4 comments:

  1. The Grey Hair finding......what took you so long. I had my first at 16 . I bet when you get the shoe insert fixed ...you will notice a big difference !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I had my first gray hair(s) as a teenager and think I was first invited to join AARP probably around age 25 or so.
    But you'll always be older than me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting old isn’t something to be scared about. Life is a blessing, and you are very lucky to have reached such an age. Anyway, how are things doing with the spacer? I hope things are doing well for you. Thanks for sharing this with us, Shaun. All the best!


    Minda Mazer@ Belden Village Chiropractic & Wellness Center

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool perspective on getting older! And I’m sure you look great with grey hair. Anyway, it’s good that you decided to visit a chiropractor; general checkups are a way of making sure that everything in our system works perfectly. I hope the heel spacer works out for you. Good day!


    Jacqueline Hodges @ DrKoziol

    ReplyDelete