Tuesday, May 17, 2016

3 months and counting ...

Dottie has now passed the 3-month mark. Time seems like it has gone quickly, yet simultaneously seems like it's been a year since she was born. Her crying and wailing have decreased as her blabbering and smiling have gotten more frequent. In the mornings, she'll regularly smile and talk back to whoever will listen (although right now it's just Alisha and I).

She likes talking to a special pillow of ours. Of course living in Alisha's house, we happen to have a black & white pillow with polka dots on it. That high-contrast makes for some interesting conversation:


Her head stability has improved, so now she's able to hold her head mostly steady without my assistance. She'll still flop it aimlessly now and then, but mostly she can direct her gaze up-and-down or side-to-side to follow whatever object has caught her attention (usually a ceiling fan).



Within the past week, Dottie has also let out the occasional laugh. If the mood strikes her, she'll laugh like this. We caught her doing this at our yard sale last weekend:

6 comments:

  1. She's so sweet!
    I can't wait to hold her and have lots of conversations with her. And I love hearing those precious giggles!
    She looks so tiny in the Bumbo! Her little legs are so skinny!

    Love you guys! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She can talk to me all she wants,. I'll listen to sweet baby Dottie !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she's sitting in her Bimbo seat she does like her Papa Mitchell, onty when he falls over ,hes asleep !!!
      You and Dottie must of worn Alisha out ,I noticed Ali is still sleeping . !!!lol.

      Delete
    2. When she's sitting in her Bimbo seat she does like her Papa Mitchell, onty when he falls over ,hes asleep !!!
      You and Dottie must of worn Alisha out ,I noticed Ali is still sleeping . !!!lol.

      Delete
  4. She can talk to me all she wants,. I'll listen to sweet baby Dottie !!!

    ReplyDelete