Saturday, August 13, 2016

6 months old

Dottie recently turned 6 months old. She has become much less fussy now that Alisha has her on a regulated sleeping schedule. Each morning I'll usually wake up to her talking or making sounds to herself like this:

Then after work, I'll come home just after she's woken from her final nap of the day. She'll stay awake for a 2-hour stretch and then we'll have bathtime, get her dressed, read a little bit, and then say a prayer before bed. Dottie especially likes bathtime, where she'll kick the water with her feet and splash it with her hands. She likes to watch the water spill from a cup or drip from a rag. I'm not sure what she'll do later in life, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with water.

Alisha takes pictures of Dottie each month on her "birthday". This month a few of the pictures were baseball-themed, maybe to hang up in my new office. These were a few she sent, which I think are a good representation of the cuteness and turmoil you experience as the dad of a 6-month old:





... I know this face very well.

Next we'll work on feeding Dottie solid food and getting her to sit herself up or crawl. Fun and stressful times are ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment